Take a look through your communications thus far.
Do a deep analysis . The ones we have conversations with shape us in unimaginable ways. We do have to make sure they are of positive impact.
Do the bulk of your communications contribute to growth? Do you find that you don’t have enough time to work on what is important to you?
You might want to take a deep breath, take a glass of red grape juice ( because alcohol is bad for your liver and health in general) and face the arduous task of pruning your conversations.
If all you do is
-Talk about other people’s private business,
– Fight over flimsy things,
– Discuss inappropriate topics you wouldn’t in real life,
– Engage in heated dead-end arguments on incendiary topics like politics or religion,
– Struggle to explain yourself, or feel belittled,
– Be wilfully ignorant, a mansplainer, disrespectful, insensitive or vulgar,
– Spend long hours on meandering conversations with no end or purpose in sight,
You should consider cutting back- a lot – on this conversation/person. There’s way too much toxicity in there. You do not have to be rude. Of course try and work with them to improve things but if they aren’t willing or ready to change, then it’s time to let them go. Appreciate whatever good they’ve brought and send them off on their way with a basket of smiles for flowers.
Cultivate friends and conversations that
– Are about giving back to society.
– Grow you and make you better,
– Inspire you to do things you never thought possible.
– Help you fine-tune your ideas and execute your plans
– Are about exchanging rich, illuminating articles about a wide range of relevant topics.
– Celebrate your accomplishments, are comfortable when your intellect shines forth with almost-blinding radiance,
– Make you laugh with rich humour,
– Expand your horizon, feel your brain literally open up and absorb knowledge,
– Make you feel happy, respected and confident.
Look for these people. Have conversations with them instead.
Be that person.
Because we have to keep being better versions of ourselves, we are done with things or people that prevent us from achieving this. You are too special to be bound to things that diminish you!
That’s the energy we are taking into 2019.
Danke meine damen und herren!
P.S. I think you should read this amazing Medium article by The Startup . It is an easy-to-follow bite-sized guide to growth in 2019 by saying the word ‘No’.
No, you did not read that wrong.
Fun fact: My friend sent it to me. It is the latest in a string of the gazillion cerebral boosts our conversations are made of.
Get a friend like mine.