In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1. Verily, We sent it (this Qur’an) down in the night of Al-Qadr (Decree).*
2. And what will make you know what the night of Al-Qadr is (Decree) is?
3. The Night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allah in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months).
4. Therein descend the angels and the Ruh [Jibril (Gabriel)] by Allah’s Permission with all Decrees ,
5. (All that night), there is Peace (and Goodness from Allah to his believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn.**
*”Therein (that night) is decreed every matter of ordainments” [The Qur’an, (Verse 44:4)] i.e the matters of deaths, births, provisions, calamities for the whole (coming) year as decreed by Allah.
**Narrated ‘Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her): Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said. “Search for the Night of Qadr on the odd nights of the last ten nights of Ramadhan.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 3, Hadith No.234)
P.S. When counting, nights actually come before days so we would witness the 20th night in a few hours (GMT+1). If this month ends at 29, this could well be one of the Last ten days. Time to rev up our Ibaadah. May Allah make us among those who witness this special night.