We have a guest on the blog today as we coast along the second day of fasting. Her name is Thawriyyah. A writer, who is working to become a dentist soon,a student of ilm, a teacher who is also an advocate of faith being geared towards the common good.
* * * * * * * *
As we begin the Sawm for Ramadhaan 1436, let’s bear in mind the essence of the ‘Ibadah:
1. It’s one of the pillars of Islam
2. It’s ordained by Allah (jalla man laa yamuut) and for every injunction of Allah that we abide by sincerely for Him, a bountiful reward awaits us – in sha Allah
3. There is no act of ‘Ibadah we are enjoined to do that doesn’t have an impact to play in our lives, if it’s done as expected and with the right intention. As stated in Q2:183 “Fasting has been prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may be pious”. Hence, the goal here is to increase us in piety via the ‘ibaadaat we will be engaging in.
4. We should knw that Allah (azza wa jalla) doesn’t need the fast of someone who claims to be fasting and yet goes about speaking vulgarly or acting impudently. So, we should fast with all parts of our body.
5. Feeding our soul more than our body is one of the key messages Ramadhaan comes to pass, year in year out. The soul and body is what makes a man, but what defines him is which one he feeds more than the other.
All in all, we should embrace this Ramadhaan with the appropriate intention (multiple intentions are allowed too!), make realistic plans without trying to be lax and do something differently this Ramadan.
May Allah(maalik-ul-yawm) not deny us the blessings of this blessed month, May He not make it the last for us and May He keep us steadfast on this Tareeq of truth. Aameen.
#ImanIndex #Ramadhan #admonition